One of the most important supplements I take is for protein. Since the surgery, I have little appetite and even less of a palate for protein powders. As an alternative, I take these bullets:

They are 42 grams of protein (I have a goal of 60 grams a day) and only 3 oz. so I can get a majority of my protein in one drink. They are very syrupy, so I water them down with a few oz of water and pour over ice. They taste like a concentrated sugar free popsicle. I like the fruit punch and grape flavors the best. I recently bought a case of the orange flavor and almost vomited when I tasted it. I will admit they are getting old, but I have to drink it for another month or so until I can get most of my protein by food.
In addition to protein, I am required to take vitamins. My daily regimen consists of the following:
1 multivitamin

3 calcium citrate

1 iron

1 folic acid

and I will have to add B12 in about a month
After the surgery, I am also required to take medication to prevent gall stones, acid reflux meds, and stool softeners.
In total, I take about 17 pills a day. Who needs food when you have vitamins?

No comments:
Post a Comment